If you’re a connoisseur of finer things in life chances are you’ll love this gift and coffee shop that’s recently opened its doors at Palladium. Provenance, brainchild of Avani Raheja and her husband Samir Gadhok brings the finest gourmet gifts from around the world to Mumbai. And to beautifully compliment these fun articles they offer an array of gift presentation options. The idea is to build a constantly spinning carousel of ever-changing selection of things sourced from India and abroad.
1. Pick from a wide range of gifting options from cartoon greeting cards, coasters, and stationary from New Yorker to Chocolate Dragees from Greece.
2. Oh and you can totally customise your gifts to make your friends and family feel even more special. The in-store customise-station offers a first-of-its-kind embossing service, where gift boxes, silken ribbons and cards can be machine-etched on the spot, with your personal message or initials.
3. To compliment your beautiful gifts, they offer the widest selection of gift presentation options, from pine wood trunk, replete with leather trims, to vintage paper wrapping imported from Italy.
4. While you pick your gift indulge in a delicately chosen selection of tea, coffee and Tier Nom cakes at their quaint little cafe that can seat up to 17 people.
5. The pièce de résistance here is a hand-made coffee machine (₹12 lakh, on order), dubbed the Mirage, imported from the Netherlands.
6. They have hampers from ₹800 to ₹1,00,000.
The couple enjoys travelling and is always on a lookout for things they can bring back to India. I personally feel that the gifting space in India is still unexplored but with stores like Provenance that’s soon going to change. This one’s worth a visit for sure.